Tuesday, September 18, 2007

breakable girls and boys

I loved the weather this morning. I immediately turned off the AC and opened all my windows. The breeze is lovely. I'm looking so forward to 'winter'.

Fiona has decided that she will now bark at every single noise she hears. Even those noises she has heard daily since she came into my life.
The flag outside my parents home was waving in the wind: bark!
The kids upstairs are walking around and we can hear their footsteps: bark!
The smoke detector beeped: bark!
A car door: bark!
The oven beeped: bark!
And the wind in general: bark!
I didn't sleep well last night, thanks to my new barking canine.


More from Ingrid Michaelson:
"Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts?
Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts.
So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess,
And to stop the muscle that makes us confess."

No comments: